What is Marriage Encounter?
A Marriage Encounter Weekend...
- enables deep communication between a married couple, no matter how long you have been married
- teaches married couples a way of enriching their relationship
- is a time to share feelings, hopes, dreams, joys and disillusionment with one another
- provides time to share and discuss privately (there is no group sharing on a Marriage Encounter Weekend!!)
- is a wonderful way to revitalise a marriage away from the distractions, tensions, and routines of everyday life
- is not a retreat, is not therapy, nor a counselling situation
Weekends are intended for married couples. The Church defines a married couple as having committed themselves to God's holy covenant of marriage by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership for their whole life.